What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is one of the most common cosmetic treatments in the world. Hair removal is the long-term stable reduction of the number of hairs re-growing after laser treatments.
- You can remove unwanted hair from any area.
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after 3-7 sessions.
- Fast process, you can get multiple areas done in less than 10 minutes.
- No more shaving or waxing when treatments are done!
Before Care / Aftercare
- Shave the treatment area 24hours before your appointment
- You can apply a topical numbing cream 20-30 minutes before your appointment
- No waxing, plucking, threading or electrolysis for 6 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid sun exposure 6 weeks before and after treatment
- You can apply aloe vera to the treated area after treatment
- No intercourse for 24hours after treatment
- No exercising for 24 hours after treatment
- No makeup, deodorant or lotions 24hours after treatment
- Avoid Hot Water after treatment
- Use sunscreen on exposed area
- Until redness/slight sunburn
- Sunbathing or tanning 1 week before or after treatment
- Use of anticoagulant
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Infections of the skin including shingles
- Open wounds
- Photosensitivity medications (Bactrim, tetracycline)
- Keloids and skin cancers
- Hair removal, plucking, and waxing within the last 4-6 weeks
- Uncontrolled diabetes, severe hypertension, severe heart disease, and/or epilepsy.
- Auto immune disorder
- Until redness/ sunburn sensation is gone avoid swimming pools, hot tubs and excessive perspiration
Possible side effects
- Flushing/ Prickly sensations/ Redness / Slight sunburn sensation (Common)
- First and second-degree burns (rare)
- Blistering (rare)
How does laser hair removal work?
The laser disables the hair follicle and stops it from growing. Hair grows in different stages, so it is normal to see patches of growth after your treatments. Hair growth won’t stop until all treatments are finished.
Does laser hair removal work for all skin colors and skin types?
Yes, we use machines that are suitable for all skin types and skin tones.
What type of laser do you use?
We use high quality ND: Yag Lasers and diode lasers.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Sometimes it takes a few treatments to see a difference. After a few treatments you may see that your hair is drastically thinner and patchy.
Can you treat all hair colors?
We cannot treat white, grey, blonde, strawberry blonde or red hair.
How many treatments are needed?
Treatments range from 6-12 treatments depending on the area and skin tone. Usually darker skin tones will need more treatments.
Why are so may treatments needed?
A lot of treatments are needed because your hair is in different stages of growth.
Does laser hair removal help with ingrown hairs?
Yes, it does.
Who will be performing laser hair removal treatments?
Laser hair removal treatments are performed by Licensed Georgia Medical Board Cosmetic Laser Practioners
What should I do if blistering occurs?
Apply antibiotic and contact us immediately.